“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” ~Henry David Thoreau
We can see, hear, smell, taste and touch the reality around us, our physical senses actualizing what we have visualized from our thoughts into existence… but did you know that there are many other metaphysical senses that can be experienced to experience our reality? Intuition is a common one. It is the concept that refers to one receiving information metaphysically (not through the 5 senses) such as clairvoyance, precognition, etc. We have called these hunches or gut feelings. They are inexplicable circumstances… or are they?
We all have a pineal gland or more commonly known as a third eye. It is a pea-sized gland that sits directly in the center of your brain between the hemispheres, close to the pituitary gland. It gets its name from its shape which resembles a pine cone.
It has physical functions such as controlling your body’s sleep-wake pattern by producing melatonin. It has also traditionally been considered to be the seat of higher consciousness and a link to the metaphysical world. Due to a standard diet, water supply, chemical intake from everyday products and the environment, the average person’s pineal gland is calcified. A blocked pineal gland is associated with several disorders as well as inhibited enzyme function. Resulting effects include:
- weight gain or obesity
- slow thyroid
- digestive disorders
- kidney trouble
- poor circulation
- loss of sense of direction
- mood or mental disorders
- lack of vision
- lowered IQ
This however, as all things are, is temporary. There are many practices one can do to awaken their third eye. Dreams, synchronicities and quantum manifestation are among the few experiences that increase as one’s pineal gland comes out of dormancy. Along with this comes discernment, psychic awareness and an expanded mind capacity.
My Top Practices to Awaken the Third Eye:
Before I go into details, let me reiterate that this is my own personal practice derived from research and experience. I am not licensed or certified as a health practitioner. As with everything, practice common sense.
- Sungazing – Within an hour after sunrise and an hour before sunset, I ground myself by standing barefoot either in grass, dirt or the cement sidewalk whilst staring directly into the sun. The length of time varies anywhere between 1 to 15 minutes depending on the circumstance but I do prefer gazing for 5 minutes every morning to start my day. I speak to the my guides, my angels and the universe at this time, expressing my gratitude and sending blessings, protection and healing to my loved ones, everyone I know and to everyone that I have not met yet.
- Meditation – I set aside at least 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening to sit up comfortably in bed, a couple pillows to rest on and my headset tuned into iDoser, an app for listening to binaural beats used to stimulate and simulate. I burn Palo Santo around me to cleanse the energy. At times I will burn incense or apply Frankincense essential oil to my heart, throat, brow and crown chakras. I then take several deep cleansing breaths before counting my breaths. I find that when I count my breath, I become my breath.
- Mindfulness – Most of us live on a task-based schedule. We wake up, we go to work, we eat, we bathe, we drive, we do chores, we socialize, we pay bills, we sleep…. and repeat hundreds of times over. We meander through our day like zombies accomplishing one mundane task after another. Our mental body overwhelming our emotional body to submission until there is nothing left but a robotic vessel awaiting its next assignment, chalking up the last one. We are too often thinking about what already happened or what could happen. The past is merely one’s best recollection of their memories whilst the future is one’s best guess of what is yet to come. Whether I am driving, listening, eating or the like, I immerse myself in the beauty of the experience as it is happening. Each moment a unique one with limitless possibilities for growth. I don’t just sit, I feel the warmth of the chair against my clothes which comforts my skin. I don’t just listen, I become the words and visualize their energy as it enters my ears. I don’t just eat, I savor the taste. To summarize, mindfulness is living in the present moment involving all senses for the ultimate experience.
- Chemical Awareness – Too many people are counting calories when they really should be counting the chemicals. The foods we eat play an important role in the levels of toxins in our body. As food is ingested, energy from that food is ingested as well. Be mindful of what you put into your body and how it affects your vibration.
Pesticides, artificial ingredients, hormones, other contaminants enter from bad food into the blood stream and flow directly to the pineal gland. Calcification occurs as a protective guard against these harmful chemicals. Low frequency foods draw electrical energy away from your cells causing cell death. This can manifest itself as depression, lethargy, apathy and negativity. These include microwaved or fast foods, canned goods, sugars, additives and soda. High frequency foods create happy, healthy cells. You will notice an increase in energy, clarity, creativity and positive feels such as love, peace and harmony.
- Fluoride – There is a great deal of speculation as to what causes calcification of the pineal gland. Fluoride in water and toothpaste has been implicated in this process. Municipal water in the USA has been treated with a toxic form of fluoride for more than half a century. Many people have accumulated sodium fluoride in the pineal gland. To reverse this, get rid of fluoride, and you can start with your drinking water. Purchase a reverse osmosis system (I got mine from Lowe’s for under $300) or get well or spring water if you can.
- Supplements – Cow’s milk does a body good… if you are a calf. We have been led to believe many lies for the sake of sales and greed. Similar to caring for my vehicle with oil changes, tire rotations and check-ups to ensure proper functionality, I take care of my spiritual vehicle with supplements. Below is a recipe for my weekday drink.
1. Squeeze an organic lemon into a 12 oz cup
2. Add warm water, always pure, never fluoridated
4. Add 2 drops of Lugol’s 2% iodine
5. Add 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey, Manuka Honey being my favorite
6. Add a dash of turmeric
7. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper
8. Add 1/4 teaspoon colloidal silver
Optional for improved cognitive functions:
9. Add 1 scoop of L-Theanine
10. Add 1 scoop of Huperzine A
I also ingest a lot of dark chocolate raw cacao nibs, raw apple cider vinegar and cilantro. Weekly detox baths are refreshing… it extracts the toxins whilst soaking in essential minerals. The hot bath includes 1 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup of Epsom Salt, 1/2 cup of Himalayan pink salt and 10 drops of tea tree oil. Playing dolphin healing sounds in the background is an added bonus!
- Letting Go – I AM a strong believer that everything happens for a reason. I am exactly where I need to be for my spiritual growth. With this comes the
innerstanding that all experiences, whether deemed positive or negative, come with purpose. Everyone we come across, whether deemed positive or negative, come with purpose as well. Each and every interaction binds us energetically to one another and remains connected until it is severed. These connections are referred to as karmic cords. When we hold on to an experience, we are mindfully binding ourselves to the person(s) involved. Forgiveness is the act of breaking free from those binding chains that no longer serve us. The practice of forgiveness brings immediate relief. It literally is a weight off of one’s shoulders. Before going to bed, visualize all the interactions you have had for the day and in your mind’s eye, sever the ties that bind, be grateful for the experience and release it with blessing and grace.
- Crystals – Crystals are alive. They are conscious. They think, they receive, they give, they remember. They are high vibrational sentient beings. Not only do I feel their energy, connections with certain ones allows one to hear them as well. Meditating with crystals around me and on my chakra points have assisted in my spiritual growth by connecting me energetically to such a high vibration. I also surround myself in orgone to assist with further decalcification, especially around EMF emitted from cell phones, computers, routers, etc.
There are many different practices to increase one’s awareness and awaken the third eye. It is imperative to innerstand that love is the root of everything. Loving oneself is not selfish as one must be selfish to be selfless.
♥ Above all things, practice love. ♥
May your moments be filled with joy and serenity. May your lives be blessed with abundance. May your bodies be cleansed of fears.
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” – Buddha